Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Big Black Beastie

So it seems spring is finally here. And with it, the bugs are back. I came downstairs this morning to find a big black cockroach climbing up my curtain. These annoying pests never seem to die through convention means (stamping / spraying / shotgun) although the a microwave is guaranteed killer. I don't personally use it due to hygiene reasons - but who knows you get them cheap at the goodwill (Scottish translation - second hand) store.

Living here, the whole of last summer was characterized by these beasties, while with winter its been all about the mice (The microwave works on them too). Gotta love these 110 year old houses.

And on a related note - we've got our new house booked! We are moving in, in about a month from today. Its a lot smaller, but its a whole $210 cheaper - and not to mention the location, the kids can suddenly play outside without being ran over! I can't wait....

4 comments:

Kinsleys5 said...

Hooray! Great to hear you'll get a house where the floor isn't tilted! Ugh & the bugs... definitely something I'm glad to leave behind in NE.

Niecey said...

Oh great. That sucks big time. Time to spray me thinks.

Matt Kinsley said...

Microwaves are a wonderful gift, my dear Scot. Welcome to America! :-)

Kinsleys5 said...

I flushed a ladybug today... Does that count for anything?